Is Coconut Milk Dairy Free?
When people begin a dairy free diet it can often be overwhelming to find products that taste great to replace the dairy products they used to use. Obviously one of the biggest items to replace on that list is milk. If you do a lot of baking or creating Thai, Indian, or other Asian dishes it can be difficult not to use cow’s milk, but thankfully there are options out there for you in your search for a dairy free alternative to milk. One popular item on the shelves today is coconut milk, and many are asking the question “is coconut milk dairy free?” For those of you who have asked that question the answer is a resounding, YES!
Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a great option for those looking for a milk that is dairy free. It is great for baking and can be used in many soups and asian dishes. My family and I use it often for stews, soups, curries, and deserts. It is a versatile product that makes cow’s milk seem a thing of the past. A few benefits of coconut milk are:
- Contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids, and capric acid, which help to boost the immune system.
- Promotes skin and hair health.
- Improves the digestive system and promotes regular digestion. Relieves symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well.
- Coconut milk is nut free, soy free and gluten free.
- Good source of fat.
- Can be used to nourish hair and skin!
The Best Coconut Milk
One of my favorite brands of coconut milk is Natural Value Coconut Milk. Natural Value has done a great job in putting together a great coconut milk, but has also honed in on the other details as well. Here is why I believe it is the best coconut milk:
- No Preservatives – If you are like me you look for products that do not contain preservatives. Preservatives are not good for and should not be used in food. The ingredients in this coconut milk are very simple, as they should be: coconut milk and water. Many other brands of coconut milk contain guar gum to help thicken the milk, but not with Natural Value. Guar gum is not good for the body and thankfully they don’t include it.
- BPA Free – The Natural Value can is completely BPA free easing your mind that your brain, behavior and other vital health organs are safe.
- Great Taste – Not only is the product healthy, but it tastes great too. You will not be disappointed in using Natural Value.
Get Your Natural Value Coconut Milk at Amazon.com Today!
Is Coconut Milk Dairy Free?
Of course it is! The question “is coconut milk dairy free” is a great question because it lets me know there are many out there who are becoming conscious of the harmful effects of cow’s milk. Coconut milk can be one of your go to options for dairy free milk. If you don’t choose Natural Value then you may find something else on the market that will suit your needs. If I were you I would try to find an option that is comparable to Natural Value in its commitment to healthy standards. Happy healthy eating!Pin It